Chief Operating Officer
- Do you thrive in high-impact roles?
- Are you a passionate leader with a drive for operational excellence?
- Do you excel at building strong teams and delivering results?
This is a pivotal role, one that is a central role in shaping the future of our organisation, leading and managing the Council Operations Group and driving operational excellence across all the whole Council.
What you'll do:
You'll be leading operational excellence across Council by fostering a culture of high performance, collaboration, innovation, and change readiness, while at the same time focusing on ensuring effective and efficient service levels are delivered to our community. You'll be an effective and collaborative member of the Leadership Team and play a key role as Sponsor of our Digital Innovation Programme. You will also serve as Deputy CEO and acting CEO, providing strategic oversight and ensuring seamless leadership transitions.
Who you are:
- A seasoned leader with a successful track record inspiring and motivating the performance of others.
- A skilled communicator with the ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Experienced in delivering digital solutions to improve efficiency and customer experience.
- A passionate advocate for continuous improvement and innovation, with a data-driven approach to to meeting challenges and a desire to lead/drive positive change.
- Willing to step outside the status quo with strong experience in project and change management.
- Hold a customer-focused perspective and is committed to improving quality service provision.
- Some exposure to regulations that control the corporate functions of Council is desirable.
Who we are:
An area of natural beauty, the Tasman District includes Murchison in the south, Golden Bay in the northwest and is bordered by Nelson City. With a population of 57,900 and land area of 9,771 square kms, the Council is one of only 6 Unitary authorities in New Zealand performing the roles of both a regional and territorial local authority.
- A challenging and rewarding career opportunity at the forefront of local government.
- The chance to make a real difference in the lives of our community.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment with opportunities for professional development.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
Ready to make your mark?
If you're a visionary leader with a passion for public service, we encourage you to apply.