Policy Planner - Natural Resources
Permanent - Full time
- Play an integral part in Tasman district's growing communities.
- Broaden your planning career within an experienced and supportive team in a progressive Unitary Authority.
- Work life balance is important to us, so if you join our team you'll get to enjoy a fabulous climate and lifestyle.
- We offer flexible work arrangements.
- Competitive salary plus benefits package - You choose what suits you best.
- Relocation packages available for those based outside of the region.
Tasman is home to some of the clearest water in the world (Te Waikoropupu springs), iconic beaches (Abel Tasman) and stunning alpine environments. The district has gained an enviable reputation as a desirable lifestyle location and is experiencing high rates of urban growth and tourism.
About the role:
Based in Richmond, you will have the collegial support of a team of experienced environmental policy planners. Our diverse portfolio of policy issues means you will be involved in a range of policy topics within natural resources, including interface with our territorial responsibilities. Your focus will involve contributing to natural hazards and climate change adaptation within an evolving planning context.
We are seeking a suitably qualified candidate, ideally with a minimum of three to five years' experience and a proven track record in planning and policy development.
We envisage you will be someone who has the ability to see the ‘bigger picture', and of course be a great communicator, have a sound working knowledge of the policy lifecycle, while also understanding responsibilities and functions of a local authority. Planning is going through significant change so you will be adaptable, innovative and comfortable with ambiguity.
This is a fabulous opportunity to join a performance and values-based organisation that invests in the development of its people. At council we offer:
- A great team environment
- Professional development
- Flexible working arrangements
- Assistance with relocation if outside of the region
- Attractive benefits package
- A day off on your birthday!
Building great communities through employing great people. Will you be one of them?
Online applications can be submitted on our website careers.tasman.govt.nz/Vacancies and further information can be obtained by contacting the People and Wellbeing team on (03) 543-9896 or email firstname.lastname@example.org