- Starting salary of $101k - $110k + competitive benefits of 10% (7% benefits and 3% Kiwisaver)
- Use that 7% for additional time off, additional cash payments, or additional Kiwisaver - You choose!
- Relocation packages, medical insurance and alternative working arrangements for the successful applicant!
Seeking a Development Engineer - Come and embrace the Tasman Region!
Join us as a Development Engineer and immerse yourself in the beauty of the Tasman region. We are a unitary authority, providing a unique opportunity for engineers to be directly involved on a variety of housing projects and decisions, working within the Resource Consents team.
About the Role
As a Development Engineer, you will leverage your expertise to assist positive consenting outcomes for the Tasman region including providing recommendations for a number of internal and external parties and activities.
Skills and experience
- Ensure all aspects of development-related infrastructure meet Council requirements and New Zealand Engineering Standards - this includes carrying out site inspections and reviewing designs.
- Engage with Developers and their Engineers to understand the development objectives, their design process and assumptions, the design outputs, and provide feedback and comment, influence direction.
- Work closely with Council's Community Infrastructure teams to ensure development-related infrastructure assets are covered in the Resource Consent process.
- Contribute to the wider activities of the Projects team and work across Council, with stakeholders, iwi and the community.
- Experience working with Local Government and applying the associated legislation.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or NZ Certificate of Engineering (Civil), or similar relevant qualification.
- Be able to think logically, analytically, and laterally.
- Be a great communicator with a wide spectrum of people.
- Have a competent level of computer skills encompassing Microsoft Office products, geographic information systems, and ability and willingness to learn new/enhanced applications.
- Hold a current and valid NZ driver's licence.
Discover the Tasman Region
Tasman is a region with a growing economy with picture-postcard landscapes, beaches and National Parks that offer those with a love of the outdoors a quality-of-life others can only imagine. We're highly connected, diverse, and blessed with vibrant arts, artisans, abundant wineries, craft breweries, world-class mountain biking, and much, much more!
Building great communities through employing great people. Will you be one of them.