Building Support Officer
Want a job where you can add value every day? The Tasman region is thriving and we require an experienced administrator to complement our very busy Building team.
Tasman District Council is an accredited Building Consent Authority, responsible for processing around 1400 residential and commercial building consents annually. As a Building Support Officer, you will be an administration professional, able to support to the timely processing of building consents which will include receipt of a variety of building applications, management of customer enquiries, invoicing, checking, reviewing and issuing of associated building and legislative documents in a timely manner.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Solid administrative experience with demonstrated initiative and self-direction.
- A strong customer focus and a motivational and collaborative team member.
- A high standard of attention to detail with great time management skills.
- Excellent digital literacy and practical knowledge of Microsoft 365 and utilisation of databases and cloud systems.
- Experience in an environment where you are required to work with relevant regulations, statutes and procedures
- Some understanding of the building consenting process and/or building industry is desirable.
In return we offer you; a supportive team environment, ongoing professional development, a variety of work, a day off for your birthday, flexible working options, and a benefits package suited to your preferences.