Building Support Officer
Tasman District Council is an accredited Building Consent Authority, responsible for processing around 1400 residential and commercial building consents annually. As a Building Support Officer, you will provide a valuable contribution in an adminisistrative capacity to the timely processing of consents. Responsibilities will include receipt of a variety of building applications, management of customer enquiries, invoicing, checking, reviewing and issuing of associated building and legislative documents in a timely manner.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Solid administrative experience with demonstrated initiative and self-direction.
- Strong customer focus and a motivational and collaborative team member
- A high standard of attention to detail with great time management skills.
- Excellent digital literacy and practical knowledge of Microsoft 365 and utilisation of databases and cloud systems.
- Experience in an environment where you are required to work with relevant regulations, statutes and procedures
- Some understanding of the building consenting process and/or building industry is highly desirable.
In return, you will get a great team to work with, comprehensive on the job training, flexible working options and ongoing professional development.
You can view the full details, and submit your application online at https://careers.tasman.govt.nz/Vacancies or for more information contact the Human Resources Team on
Ph. 03 543 7229
Applications close 20 June 2021